OK, so with the sudden realisation that I have a few important runs before me this year - including my first 'running' marathon and doing them to support a very worthy cause I decided to take to the streets yesterday for my first outside run of the year.
Not really knowing what my knees were like I decided to play it safe and stick close to home with a few safe laps. The one thing I hate about running (one thing - ha!) is that I always think I have gone further than I actually have. This isn't helped by the fact that my phone is bleating out my actual mileage and average pace every so often - still in a way I guess it is actually better to know as then you stay out longer. The first la didn't even bring me close to 2 miles so I extended this with a wider route and followed that with another small lap. All in all 5.6 miles in a non acceptable time of 1 hour 15 minutes. I hobbled home covered in mud but happy non-the-less. I kinda like the chosen route as it provides me with a variety of different excursions to take and also lots of varied terrains. Plus it's quite scenic - I pass horses, rams and lots of beautiful houses.
My knees did fairly well. I managed at least 5k until it started to get to the point I couldn't push through and needed a break and a change of pace. Not bad but still not good enough it I need to do 26.2 miles in April.
Today I stayed as active as I could (sitting at a desk) no lifts or short routes and I even managed a walk to get a paper too which was probably about 2k. And I have to say, the recovery seems really good, a little sore but nothing major to report. I am quite pleased. Still worried about the mileage ahead though.
To be honest though I have kind have gotten to the point where I will try anything to stop my knees from hurting, I would to be able to complete a run/walk without being in pain.
After countless Doctors prodding them and advising me not to walk (seriously!). I paid for my own Physio - through the nose may I add. He twisted my knee cap for five minutes at a time, causing me LOTS of pain and left me with a tens machine 'working it's magic' for twenty minutes - three sessions, £90odd later still no improvement. After giving up and a lot of suffering I finally got a nice Doctor who referred me to an NHS Physio. They couldn't find anything wrong with the knees but noticed the low arches on my feet and sent me to a Podiatrist who after three appointments has now come to the conclusion that I have one leg shorter than the other *sigh*
This brings me to my next option. Two years ago I went to a Physic and Medium weekend with my Mum and saw a Physic surgeon called Ray Brown Having my reservations (as you would) I chose not to see him but one of my Mums friends did, she is a level headed lady and not swept away easily but has seen results from Ray Browns work. She had a lump on her ankle from when she fell over a step as a child - now, no more. OK, I have to admit, I am now curious.
The story of Ray Brown in a nutshell is that since an early age he trained to be a healing medium and now is visited by Paul of Tarsus who performs healing through him. I am not a doubter and I'm not a die hard believer, I like to take things in and decide for myself. I wonder to myself if he is actually a Physio therapist with a story some people like to relate to or if he is genuinely the real deal, something I guess I will never know but also something you have to respect him as he did seem to 'heal' my Mums friend. He does seem to genuinely help people - who am I to judge?
Anyway - I digress. Having missed him that time I was hoping to catch him the next time I accompanied my Mum to the weekend next time. Sadly no, I won't. He is in Delhi, India this time.
My Mum sensing my disappointment (as I said - I'm willing to try anything at this point) has hunted down someone in Southampton doing the same work and has booked me in to see them in February when I visit. I shall keep you posted on the lead up and the outcome.
If you are interested in sponsoring me simply click the following link : http://www.charitygiving.co.uk/lteal
No comments:
Post a Comment