Sunday, 15 January 2012

Dreams

What is it with dreams?
Why is it they make the heart long for things that will never happen and the head wish for circumstances that will never come true?


I desperately try to use the dreams I have as something to give myself a bit of a boot up the backside but sometimes it is very difficult not to let them bog me down and make me realise the world I have left myself in isn't that of which I promised myself as a child.
As a child the world was such a big place with so many opportunities but as life goes on and I land myself with more responsibilities I find the world becomes smaller and smaller and the paths I find I can take are less and less.

Sometimes I wish for something to happen that would land me with the option to scrap everything and start again. College, Uni, and instead of sitting in front of a call centre computer thinking 'what if' actually taking some chances in the right direction - If I fail, I fail but at least I can say I have tried instead of simply dreaming.

No comments: