Thursday, 17 January 2008

Jobs - the fine print!

Why is it that people will hire you for a job based on how competant, talented and qualified you are then before you start send you a letter saying you can't look how you look?!

I go to my inerviews well dressed and tidy but don't make an effort to take out my piercings as they are who I am what I now look like, (if I was to take them out they will close up and that would defeat the point!). I don't wear rings and stuff in my nose for working/interviews but chose to stick to a descrete non offensive stud. I have yet had no problems.

Aparantly I did really well on my latest interview and will be perfect for the job. However have just recieved my letter to say welldone etc which has in it the work wear etc. No facial piercings! Fair enough. Rules are rules. But if these are the rules why couldn't they have been said in the interview when they clearly saw I had them???

It is a job working in a call centre, and aparantly a stud in my nose and upper ear stop me from being able to do this job!

I would like to know why!

No comments: